Monday - October 20, 2014
All Filings Obtained for 30 Year Old Fort Bragg Murder
Written by Bruce Ferrell   
Friday, 05 July 2013 10:43

(FORT BRAGG) - A federal judge now has all the filings in former Army doctor Jeffrey MacDonald's attempt to get a new trial on his conviction of killing his pregnant wife and two young daughters more than 30 years ago at Fort Bragg.

Earlier this week, government prosecutors filed their response to the defense brief in the case. U.S. District Court Judge James Fox asked for the briefs after a hearing last year in Wilmington.

Prosecutors said MacDonald's new evidence has no merit. MacDonald's attorneys presented evidence from a deputy U.S. marshal, now dead, who said someone else told him that she killed the MacDonald family, along with DNA evidence. It's not known when Fox will rule in the case.

MacDonald has said that intruders killed his wife and children in 1979.

Last Updated on Friday, 05 July 2013 12:38
 
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner
Banner

 
Banner

NCNN is a division of Curtis Network Group, Inc.
Copyright © 2014 - Curtis Media Group, Inc.